Hi im new

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 58 subscribers

I just been diagnosed with cervical cancer and would like someone to talk to and this scary time.

• Hi Jackie, and a very warm welcome to the online community

Having a cancer diagnosis is indeed a very scary time but you've come to the right place to talk to others who will know how you feel.

The community is divided up into groups so I'm going to recommend that you join the cervical cancer group where you can ask questions, share experiences and get support from others with this type of cancer.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post questions after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When you feel up to it, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi I am new here to and need some help how to use the site I dont know how to post my own discussions so I really hope you dont mind me joining yours. I have a 3 year old little girl with cancer and looking for support during this difficult time xx 

• Hi , welcome to the online community and of course it's fine for you to add your question about using the site here.

I'm very sorry to hear that your little girl has cancer and can't begin to imagine what a difficult time this must be for you.

As you might have seen in my response to Jackie, the community is divided up into groups. If you could tell me what type of cancer your daughter has I could then provide you with a link to that group where you could ask questions about treatment, etc. To do this just click on 'reply' at the end of this message.

There is also a group specifically for parents of children with cancer where you can give and receive support. If you'd like to join it, just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post questions after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When you feel up to it, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your daughter's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

My little girl has neuroblastoma and is stage L1. And is going to be having surgery. Can I ask How long has this site been going for? Wishing I can sooner thank you for your message  X

• I have to confess that I've had to look up what a neuroblastoma is and I think you'll find others with this type of cancer in the head and neck group

To join click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post questions after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

As for how long the Macmillan Online Community has existed, I don't know exactly but it's been going for many years now.

x

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi honey I am sorry to hear about your daughter cancer and I don't mind you msg me I hope your daughter will be ok after her treatment. X