Looking for support

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers

Just found out my mum has cancer for the fourth time, I will be her main carer and I barely coped last time. I would love a support group to reach out to.

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to read that your mum has been diagnosed with cancer for the fourth time. It must be an incredibly hard time for you both.

It's very understandable that you're worrying how you will cope so you might find it helpful to have a look at this information from Macmillan on your feelings as it gives hints and tips on coping.

As the community is divided up into groups, I'm going to recommend that you join the carers group where which is a safe and supportive place to share your worries and concerns.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post questions after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When you feel up to it, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your mum's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"