Vunrability status

• 2 replies
  • 59 subscribers

Hi everyone am new here, was diagnosed with CLL July 2019, this has been slowly progressing but am still on watch and wait,

All information points to me being more susceptible to infections but Dr says I am no more vunrable, this against government guidance, any thoughts please am 62 yes old.

Thanks

• Hi  and welcome to the online community although I'm sorry you've had to find us.

I don't know the answer to your question but I'm sure the people over in the CLL group will be able to help you if you'd like to join that group.

Clicking on the link I've created will take you there where you just need to choose 'join this group' on the pages that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post questions after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When you have a minute it would be useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis. It is always a shock but I think the particular situation with the corona virus now makes a cancer diagnosis all the more difficult.

I think has given you some useful links for getting involved with the community if you think that would be helpful (and I know I do). To answer your specific question about vulnerability, I can understand the source of your concern and your doctor is best placed to answer you given he or she knows most about your diagnosis and overall health. 

If you want to check against the criteria for "extremely vulnerable" as defined by Public Health England for the government and read more about what people who are extremely vulnerable should do, take a peek here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19

I hope this is helpful