What to expect from a mastectomy.

• 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

Yesterday i found out my breast-conserving surgery had not been successful and i now need a mastectomy. I am scared at what this involves and how i will cope afterwards. 

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us and so sorry to hear about your diagnosis - this must have been a big shock to you.

A cancer diagnosis can bring a lot of stress, confusion and many questions but talking with people who are on the same journey can help a lot so can I highlight our very supportive Breast cancer group.

Posting in this group will open up your concerns to a wider group of people who know exactly what you are going through at the moment. 

Follow the link I've created, join the group then introduce yourself to the group and post questions after selecting 'start a discussion' and you can also join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

Our Online Information and Support Section  is a good place to find information covering cancer diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers.

You may want to put some information in your profile as this can help a lot. Click here to see how to add details as this helps everyone to see a little about you and how best to reply to you.

All the very best and ((hugs)) from a distance.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge