Just been diagnosed with bowel cancer

• 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers

Hi, I'm scared. I can't stop crying. I'm a mum of 3 and trying to be "normal" in front of them is the hardest thing I've ever done. I don't know much as the doctor thought it was a cyst. After an MRI scan they found it. I have an appointment with oncology next week. I want to hide away, my anxiety has hit the roof and brought on my vertigo.  I'm a total mess..

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us and so sorry to hear about your diagnosis - this must have been a big shock to you.

A cancer diagnosis can bring a lot of stress, confusion and many questions but talking with people who are on the same journey can help a lot.

I see you have found our very supportive Bowel (colon and rectum) cancer group. Posting in this group will open up your concerns to a wider audience who know exactly what you are going through at the moment.

Follow the link I've created and then introduce yourself to the group and post questions after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

Can I also highly recommend our various Macmillan Support Line Services - you can call them free on 0808 808 00 00 This service covers Emotional Support, Practical Information. Clinical Information, Financial Support and Work Guidance mostly open 8.00 to 8.00 but check the link.

Our Online Information and Support Section  is a good place to find information covering cancer diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers.

Talking to people face to face can help a lot so check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area or a Maggie’s Centre as these folks are amazing.

You may want to put some information in your profile can help a lot Click here to see how to add details as this helps everyone to see a little about you

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge