Early in Remission

• 4 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hi, i am new to the community and would like to introduce myself.  I have recently finished chemo and i am very early in Remission  and find myself in a very strange place - i don't feel great in fact  i actually feel lost, confused, anxious, overhelmed, scared and doubting my own abilities with a mind racing a million miles an hour . I feel very unsure of the ground i am standing on let alone trying to walk on.  

• Hi 

Warm welcome to the club no one expected to need :-/

The way you are feeling is so totally normal - The NHS removes your stabiliser wheels, sign you off and leave you to wobble away trying to find your new normal.

Please have a read of this https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/196/4666.after-the-treatment-finishes_2D00_then-what.pdf It helped us get our heads around what the heck just happened, hopefully it will help with your post treatment emotional baggage too.

There is a Life After Cancer Group here as well that you could check out and join and if you think it may be cathartic you could have a think about reassuring other ovarian members newly diagnosed in the Ovarian Group who are facing what you have successfully been through ?

Hope this is of some help, G n' J

• Hi Dreamthief

Thank you for your warm welcome. I think reaching out and connecting is vital  in these circumstances and you have just proved why.  I am extremely grateful to hear this is normal which is very reassuring.  I have downloaded the file and shall spend some time reading this - have had a quick look and and already gone "Aha" and "wow" i have a feeling this will help.  

Thank you for your advice and for helping me to feel validated and a bit less isolated.  Greatly appreciated.

Ourgirlinthenorth 

• Hi

You are more than welcome Slight smile

Now when people ask how you are, you can tell them you are FINE!

Fatigued - Insecure - Neurotic - Emotional Hugging

Honestly, it does get better but takes a lot longer than anyone imagines Thumbsup tone1

Hugs, G n' J

• Hi Dreamthief

Thank you for this it has make me smileGrinning

Ourgirlinthenorth