Lumps on thyroid

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hiya, 

I’m 30 and recently found a lump on my neck that moves when I swallow so went to the GP. They did bloods (normal) and referred me to ENT - I’m awaiting an appointment for a scan and FNA. 

I know I’ve not been diagnosed with anything and I really hope I don’t but I’m so frustrated that everyone is shrugging off my worries around me. I keep getting told “you’ll be fine.”. It’s making me want to scream. 

I’m not sure what I’m expecting but I just wanted to put it out there and maybe speak to others who have been through similar. 

All the best

S

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

Waiting around for tests and then the results is a very stressful time so I can understand why you'd want to talk to others who have been through this stage.

As you have titled your post 'lumps on thyroid' could I suggest that you join the thyroid cancer group so that you can get support from the people there.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post questions after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

Although you're finding it frustrating that people around you are shrugging off your worries it's probably because they don't know what to say and they think, wrongly, that they're helping by telling you not to worry.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't turn out to be cancer.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thanks Latchbrook, 

I’ve joined the thyroid group :) 

I know you’re right regarding my friends and family and I’m trying to be mindful of that. I think yesterday I was having a bad one emotionally and needed reassurance. I’m in a much better mindset today. 

All the best 
    S