Biopsy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 57 subscribers

I had a breast biopsy on the 5th February, I have not received the results yet, the consultant said the results would take 5-7 days, should I be worrying that I have not got the results yet. Thankyou 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi ,

Have you got an appointment to receive the results with the consultant? Mine took 14 days as when results come back they need to be discussed with the multi disciplinary team . x

• Hi 

Welcome to the Mac Community, not a club anyone ever wanted to join :-/

One of the things tested for is called HER2 and this can add 5-7 days to the results time - Most receive their results around 10-14 days especially if the lab has a heavy workload.

Don't let the delay get to you it doesn't mean anything, everyone hated this 'in limbo' period Disappointed

There is a very active Breast Group here you could check out and join if you fancy chatting to others who have been through this ?

Fingers crossed Fingers crossed tone2 for those results, G n' J

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us.

I have had a lot of biopsies over the years and the time was anything from 5 days to 3 weeks - it all depends on how busy the labs are and getting the info through the system and an appointment made.

I have had the “come in tomorrow morning first thing after 5 days” so AI worked on no news was good news as I was not getting the calls....... but just call the clinic and push the system.

Can I direct you to this link to our very supportive Breast cancer group as this will open up your concerns to a wider audience who know exactly what you are going through at the moment.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post questions after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

You may find our various Macmillan Support Line Services to be helpful - call them on 0808 808 00 00 This free service covers Emotional Support, Practical Information. Clinical Information, Financial Support and Work Guidance mostly open 8.00 to 8.00 but check the link.

We also have our ‘Ask an Expert’. section where you can post questions to our mostly Volunteer Experts but please allow 2 working days to get a reply

Talking to people face to face can help a lot so check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area or a Maggie’s Centre as these folks are amazing.

When you feel up to it try putting some information in your profile. This really helps others when answering. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. Just click on YOUR username, select 'Edit Profile'. Put as much or as little in your profile and you can amend it at any time - you can see members profiles by hitting our forum names.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge