travel insurance

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 59 subscribers

we booked a cruise after starting chemo for early myloma . friends say you cant get insurance ,it can cost more then the holiday if you do . so can anyone recormend a cheap company thank you 

• Hello and welcome , to the online community, we have a really good travel insurance group where members have said who they have found to be really good and reasonably priced. Travel insurance forum for cancer patients , I will also tag , one of my fellow community champions who looks after the group. I hope you can get a good company a cruise sounds wonderful I hope you enjoy it. I am very sorry about your myloma and upcoming chemo.

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to GBear

thank you i will try them Thumbsup

• Hi and a second welcome to the online community

I see that my friend GBear has already pointed you in the direction of the travel insurance group but you haven't joined yet.

Unfortunately it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you have had a cancer diagnosis so I'd definitely recommend that you come and join us over in the travel insurance group where you'll find lots of recommendations for travel insurance.

To join just click on the link I've created and once you've done that look for the thread called 'Member's Stories' as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. Depending on what type of device you're using this thread will either be on the right-hand side or at the bottom.

It is best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as sometimes they can refer to the underwriters to see if they would cover you when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Make sure you have all the information to hand about your diagnosis and treatment before phoning. This is a list of common questions that insurers might ask and some insurers might ask for a letter from your doctor to prove that they have given you permission to travel.

I do hope that you can get insurance so that you can continue with your planned cruise.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"