My husband has been diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer and I can't stop crying

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 58 subscribers

My husband has been diagnosed with t3n3m1 gastnesophahecil cancer where stomach joints gullet with cancer in lymph nodes behind pancreas do they cant operate. I am so frightened and worried crying all the time when I should be strong for him 

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to hear that your husband has been diagnosed with inoperable gastnesophahecil cancer. It must be a very worrying time for you both so it's completely normal to feel as you do.

I see that you have already found and joined the stomach cancer and carers groups and I'm sure if you post there you will find lots of people who are willing to share their experiences with you. The stomach cancer group will be great for asking questions about your husband's treatment while the carers group is a safe place to share your worries.

When you feel up to it, it would be really useful if could pop something about your husband's journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Sending a supportive ((hug))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi J T

Im in the same boat ! My husband was diagnosed on Wednesday with lung and neck cancer quite advanced.
    You are not alone . It’s ok to cry .. I found after a few days I can now have a conversation without breaking down ... my eyes were sooo puffy I thought they were permanently disfigured!!! Try to see a friend for coffee and have a normal conversation about other stuff .  I met my mate yesterday in the hospital cafe we discussed the big C and  she brought me eye cream ! And we talked about stuff other than cancer too ... Money can be a worry. Get your cancer coordinator to help you apply for PIP ,carers allowance blue badge etc, accept all the help offered . There are lots of treatments out there. Don’t give up ...xxx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thankyou just feel my world has ended so frightened about the future 

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

I see that you responded to J T's post but you haven't yet joined any groups to get support for yourself and your husband. I'm sure if you join some you'll benefit from the experiences and support of others. 

You have said that your husband has been diagnosed with lung and neck cancer. If these are two separate cancers then the lung cancer group and the head and neck cancer group would be good to join as it will enable you to ask others about treatment, etc. If your husband's lung cancer is a secondary cancer to his neck cancer then the secondary lung cancer group would be the one to join rather than the lung cancer group.

You might also like to join the carers group which is a safe place to share your worries and concerns.

To join any of these groups just click on the appropriate links and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post questions after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When you feel up to it, it would be really useful if could pop something about your husband's journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"