Daughter diagnosed with leukaemia

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hi, my daughter was diagnosed early May with ALL. She has just maintenance chemo and should finish in July 2021. I’m still finding it hard knowing what she’s got, what she’s been through and got to go through. Any advice would be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to hear that your daughter has been diagnosed with ALL. It must be a very difficult time for the whole family and it's natural that you want to find out as much as possible about this type of cancer.

Could I suggest that you join the ALL group as it will give you the opportunity to ask questions and benefit from the experiences of others.

You might also like to join the family and friends group which is a safe and supportive place to discuss your worries and get support.

To join either or both of these groups just click on the links I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the pages that open. You can then introduce yourself and ask questions after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

I have also found this information for you from Macmillan about acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. You haven't said how old your daughter is so this is about acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in teenagers and young adults and this information about acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in children.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your daughter's journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi Latchbrook, thank you for your help. I will definitely look into these groups. My daughter was 16 when diagnosed and turned 17 in August. We still can’t really believe it’s happened to honest. Hopefully speaking with people in similar situations will help. Again thank you for your help.

• Hi and a second welcome but so sorry to see you finding us and that your daughter has been diagnosed with ALL.

I was diagnosed with a different type of blood cancer (NHL) over 20 years ago so be assured that this can be treated and folks go on to live a long and happy life.

I see that you have joined the ALL Group so do start a discussion in the group and I am sure that our friend  and the others will give you some great support.

It does help a lot if you put some information in your your profile as this helps others when answering. Just click on YOUR username, select 'Edit Profile'. Put as much or as little in your profile and you can amend it at any time - you can see members profiles by hitting our forum names.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Thank you for the welcome Highlander. I will update my profile now.