Stent to relieve jaundice for pancreatic cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers

My husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 2 weeks ago. He has had jaundice for over 4 weeks now. He has had 2 failed procedures to put in a stent and biopsy as surgeon said he couldn't get in there as too restricted. He now has a tube in the side of his abdomen to drain bile into a bag. They are going to try again in a couple of days but no guarantee it will work.  Has anyone experienced this problem.

• Hi

I'm sorry to hear of the problems that your husband is experiencing at the moment. 

I think you probably meant to post this in the pancreatic cancer group which I can see you posted in recently. Clicking on the link I've created will take you back there where, to save you typing this out again, you can copy and paste it into a new post.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your husband's journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

I hope things work out when they try again in a couple of days.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"