Her2+breast cancer

• 3 replies
  • 58 subscribers
  1. Her2+breast cancer
  • Evening 

Warm welcome to the club no one wants to join :-/  It is all very scary when you first get diagnosed.

Have you been diagnosed with HER2+ breast cancer or is it a family member ?

There is a very active (and friendly) Breast Goup here you could join...

My wife was diagnosed with this in May 2012 - seven years on post treatment is still classed as 'No evidence of disease'  So take that as reassurence this is do'able.

You message looks like it got cut short, do get back to us so we can help, support and advise you.

Hugs, G n' J

• Yes , i was diagnosed in September , ive had two cycles of chemo , next one on friday , i didnt have a specific question , it is good to hear your wife recovered and is doing well , i have three children , my daughter is the youngest at 13 , she is very kind and very helpful and all the family are a great support to each other .

• Hi 

The prognosis with these new targeted HER2+ therapies is very good, although rather drawn out over a year - It may seen a long way to go as yet but the time does go quickly as your sessions get ticked off.

So are you changing chemo type after your next session and also going on to Herceptin and Perjeta or have you already been started on these ?

Do use this link to the November Chemo Chat in the Main Breast Group - It's where all those having, or have had BC chemo hang out and help and support eachother during treatments.

It's a great place to help ease the feeling of being on your own (even with family around you) and gives you somewhere to get the cancer angst out of your system and not having the elephant in the room at home Elephant

Looking forward to seeing you around the breast group, you'll find it a good move Thumbsup

Hugs, G n' J