Feeling scared about the future

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hi everyone. I'm new, and found lump in left breast in April ( it didn't show up on mammogram). Was diagnosed in May, had Lumpectomy in June and finished radiotherapy last week. I know that I shouldBeee feeling great, and I do feel lucky that I could have treatment, BUT I just cannot shake off the fear of further cancer, anywhere else in my body. I'm on estrogen blockers for 5 years, and I seem tBeeache all over most of the time. I had only been in my current job for 5 months when diagnosed, so could only have 4 weeks off paid sick leave, so had 2 weeks off after surgery, then back to work. ThBee 2 weeks off for radiotherapy and took the 3rd week as leave. I just don't feel rested or well. I cannot afford to take more time off, and I really love my job and the people I work with.  I am looking for a support group in Bridlington, but can't find one. If anyone can suggest anything, please let me know. Thanks so much Bee

• Hi , my local support group is where ever I have my tablet or laptop, so I hope that is how you will feel soon. I will put in a link for the breast group so that you can find it quicker, click on it and read about others experiences and share your own to get support.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/information-and-support/coping/your-emotions

I did click on the in your area (you can see it in the green band of writing on the site) and put in Bridlington to see if I could find a local support group, it came up with Scarborough. I had to travel to the next town for a cancer support group but I also found in the local library a walking for health group which happened to have a number of cancer patients participating and as we all had a natter while walking and afterwards at coffee it became part of my support network to. 

You've mentioned how you’re not feeling well but can’t afford to take more time off work, I wonder if it’s worth you talking that aspect through with the Macmillan support line to see if they can identify and help for you they are open from 8am to 8pm. 

It helps people if you complete your profile to, and says you from repeating some stuff to, when you are ready to do that, you just click on your user name find the edit profile button, away you type and save it. 

Best wishes

Take care KT

• Hi , I hope your doing ok today. I can see I forgot to put in the link to the breast group, many apologies and please find it below.

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_types/breast-cancer/discussions

Best wishes

Take care KT

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to KTatHome

Thank you so much for answering my post. I would like to find a local group, and the walking group sounds great. I feel I need a face to face group setting, not online.

Thanks again

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I would like to join a walking group too.  Especially with people who have cancer that I can mix with and share my situation with.

Elizabeth

• Hi Elizabeth05, I’ve put the link below it has a section to put your post code in to find a local group. I hope this helps.

https://www.walkingforhealth.org.uk

Best wishes

Take care KT