ANAPLASTIC large cell lymphoma

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Hi  my 5 year old son had been diagnosed of LYMPHOMA CANCER (ANAPLASTIC LARGE CELL LYMPHOMA) on October 2  2019.

The doctors told me when I asked what stage or grade does my son's lymphoma is. I was told that they dont do stage to stage of lymphoma especially ALCL.

He was sick for nearly a month in the hospital with high fever and chills, at first the doctors thought it was just an infection but no antibiotics settled his fever and chills. Until he had a scan and the doctors found an enlarged lymph nodes/glands in his chest, and after 3 weeks in the hospital with no diagnosis yet, my son's armpit get swollen. Until he had another biopsy this time his swollen armpit.

The following day after his biopsy I got a results and I had been told by the doctors that my son has a Lymphoma cancer a group of cancer called ANAPLASTIC LARGE CELL LYMPHOMA. 

I am scared for my son's life. The doctors said that his cancer is curable and they assured me that he will be treated. But, how do I know that he will be treated while he's on chemotherapy?

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that your son has just been diagnosed with anaplastic large cell lymphoma. This must be a very worrying time for the whole family.

As this is a form of non-Hodgkin lymphoma, could I suggest that you join that group so that you can ask questions, share experiences and get support from others who will understand what you're going through.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself or post a question after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When you feel up to it, it would be really useful if could pop something about your son's journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi and a second welcome to the Community.

Please do join the NHL Group that  has highlighted for you. You will find me  and others there to help you out.

Come over and introduce yourself, tell us a little about your journey including what treatments your son is having.

Indeed, the staging of Lymphoma (there are numbers) actually don’t make much difference. All it does is highlights the treatment that is required. There have been a few come on the site with ALCL so posting on the NHL Group will open you up to a wider crowd.

On the whole, most Lymphomas are treatable and the chemotherapy used is very effective, yes hard work but all do-able.

I was stage 4a2 and I am still around to tell the tail.

I will keep an eye open for you.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello, 

I also have ALCL and was diagnosed on 6th September 2019. I'm ALK + and stage 4B. Like your son, I've been told it is curable and am about to start cycle 4/6 Of CHOEP. My consultant is doing a CT scan this cycle to check progress. 

All the best, 

• A warm welcome to you and again sorry to see you joining us.

You will have read the other posts and can I also invite you to join our very supportive Non-Hodgkin lymphoma group where you will meet other on the same journey.

Just follow the link above, hitting ‘Join the Group’ tab just under the main group name, then go to the 'Start a Discussion' tab and set up your own Discussion and introduce yourself to the group .

I will keep an eye open for you.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello DenverDenver25, my brother has this cancer too. How did the chemo go? It's been a while since you posted this but I've just seen it as I searched for this type of cancer. Cepio x

• Hi , we have had a few folks with this condition post in our Non-Hodgkin lymphoma and T-cell lymphomas groups so why not put up a post and introduce yourself to the folks.

The type of treatments used is often the same for most NHLs so the groups will connect with others on the same journey.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge