Found another lump

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

Hi everyone

i have never posted before so nit sure if I’m doing this right

i had breast cancer 18 months ago, I had the lump removed and some of my lymph glands. Fortunately it had not gone into my glands so I just had a course of radiotherapy and now take Anastrozole daily. of course it was all very worrying but I think I was very lucky and I haven’t really suffered with any bad side effects.

I’ve now found a second lump in the same breast but in a different area. I’m waiting for my appointment to go back to the hospital to start the diagnosis process again. My head is telling me not to panic it might just be a cyst but I’m feeling really sick and scared. 

I just want to get on with it but it could be a month before I get a diagnosis and I’m just trying to keep things in perspective but I keep having moments of panicWearyWeary

• Morning 

Yes, you have certainly posted in the right place - This area is like a landing pad where we can point you to more appropriate areas where you can get advice, support and info from those in similar situations Slight smile

Sorry to see you have to get a new lump checked out, takes you right back to a scary time eh ?  Hopefully this may be a cyst or scar tissue but if your fears are confirmed this could be recurrence rather than a secondary.

Good to read although your are taking Anastrozole you seem to be coping with the 'Wot No Oestrogen' side effects quite well.

Do use this link to get to and join the very active (and friendly) Breast Group. Not because this sounds like it is BC but you have danced with the devil once and chatting to others may help you through this emotional waiting results stage until you get some answers.

Hope this is of some help at a worrying time, G n' J