Introduction

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers

Hello my name is Leigh, I’ve joined to ask questions really. My partner was diagnosed with small cell aggressive cancer in her lungs, spine, and adrenal glands in May this year, due to the spinal cancer she has become paraplegic. We’ve only been together for just over a year and her diagnosis came a week before she was due to move to Warrington to live with me. Luckily I live in a ground floor flat so no stairs, I do however have steps and a small shower cubical. My question is can I get an OT to come and assess my flat now? I should point out that my partner is currently still at her old address/daughters while she finishes her chemo. I don’t want them to come just before she she’s due to move in and then tell me it’s going to be a few more weeks until the work can be done on my flat.

I’m so sorry for the essay

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear about your partner's diagnosis but it's good that you're looking to get things sorted so that she can come and live with you once her treatment has finished.

We have an ask an information and support adviser section, where you could post your question, and they should be able to help you further.

Clicking on the link I've created will take you there, then just select 'ask a question' on the page that opens.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"