Dealing with a partner diagnosed with terminal cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 59 subscribers

I am trying to help my partner who has been diagnosed with terminal cancer of the liver and oesophagus after initial investigations. Any advice please .

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us and so sorry to hear the news about your partner.

I personally have no first hand experience with regards to what you are going through but talking with people who are on the same journey can help a lot.

Can I direct you to this link to our Supporting someone with incurable cancer group as this is a good places where you can talk with people who understand.

Follow the link above and join the group by hitting the ‘Join the Group’ tab just under the main group name and it is worth indicating how you want to receive email notifications when someone answers your posts.

Go to the 'Start a Discussion' tab just under the main group name and set up your own Discussion and introduce yourself to the group - you could just copy an paste what you have in this first post.

You may find our various Macmillan Support Line Services to be helpful - call them on 0808 808 00 00 this free service covers Emotional Support, Practical Information. Clinical Information, Financial Support and Work Guidance mostly open 8.00 to 8.00 but check the link.

Talking to people face to face can help a lot so check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area or a Maggie’s Centre as these folks are amazing.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge