Travel Insurance

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 60 subscribers

Hi, my partner has small cell lung cancer which is terminal. However, he has had chemotherapy with a good response and is going to have radiotherapy. We have been given permission by his consultant to go on holiday for 1 week and we are hoping to go to the Canaries in early November. Has anyone any suggestions about affordable travel insurance?

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the online community

That's great news that your husband's consultant has given him the okay to go away on holiday.

Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you have a cancer diagnosis so could I suggest that you join us over in the travel insurance group.

Clicking on the link I've created will take you there where you just need to choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. Once you've joined look for the thread called 'Recommended Travel Insurance' (it's usually on the first page) as it's where we try to keep recommendations from other forum members who have obtained travel insurance. 

It is best to phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes. Make sure you have all the information to hand about your husband's diagnosis and treatment before contacting the insurers. This is a list of common questions that insurers might ask when you're applying for insurance. Some insurers will ask for a letter from your doctor to prove that they have given you permission to travel.

I do hope that you can find some reasonably priced travel insurance and that you have a lovely holiday

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"