Newly diagnosed pancreatic cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 51 subscribers

Hi

My 81 year old mother has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. She was admitted to hospital with obstructed jaundice. When admitted her biliruben levels were in the 600s. She had a plastic stent inserted during the endoscopy and the levels are slowly coming down (about 200 at the last blood test). She was discharged after a week. The general surgeon said the tumour is currently inoperable and they won't be able to start chemo until the biliruben is back to normal. We're waiting for the histology report and have been referred to the oncologist. She also has AMD so can't see very well. My partner and I are the only family she has for support.

• Hi , welcome to the online community, I’m sorry to hear about your Mum’s diagnosis. I can see that your already finding your way around the site and have joined the pancreatic cancer group, the carers only, and Friends and family, and completed your profile, so well done you BlushI hope you find the groups helpful for support from people who have been through similar experiences.

theres also the ask an expert section, the telephone support line, and the information and support sections that can help, but it looks like you are going to find your way around easily but if you need any help just press reply and ask.

Best wishes

Take care KT

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to KTatHome

Thanks KT