New Daignosis of Pancreatic Cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 51 subscribers

Hello, I've just joined following the shocking and devastating diagnosis that my partner has Pancreatic cancer which has spread to his liver.  He is at home now and waiting for an appointment to see an oncologist in a different hospital.  I feel completely useless and lost, the Macmillan team at our local hospital have been fantastic, but when they're not around I'm scared.  I have no idea what to expect and there is so much to try to sort out but really don't know where to start.  It would be good to hear from others going through this.  Thank you. 

• Hi  Jayjay56 n welcome to the community. I'm sorry you find yourself here. What a shock to you n your partner.

You might find it useful to join the Pancreatic cancer n Liver, secondary cancer groups so u can be in touch with others in  a similar situation to your partner. Also the Family and friends group to get support for yourself.

You could  put  a bit in your profile too  - it could b a repeat of your post above.

There's also the "Ask a nurse" group if u have  specific questions or the Helpline on 0808 808 0000 to talk things through.Tho if you've already spoken to your local Macmillan team you may not need this?

Hope that gets you started. Come back to me if not

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
  • Hi  and a second welcome to the online community

I can completely understand how shocking and upsetting the recent news that your partner has pancreatic cancer which has spread to his liver must be for you both. It's completely normal to feel as you do but it's great that you feel able to reach out to this community for help and support. I thought that you might find this information about your feelings when your partner has cancer helpful.

Buttercup01 has already made some great suggestions of groups that you could join and I'm going to add the links to them so that you can find them easily. Clicking on the green text will take you to the pancreatic cancer and the secondary liver cancer groups. In both of these groups you'll find others with those types of cancers who are willing to share their experiences with you and give you support.

Another group that I think you might benefit from joining is the carers group which is a safe and supportive place to share your worries and emotions.

To join any or all of these groups just click on the links I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the pages that open. You can then introduce yourself or post a question after selecting 'start a discussion' or join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When you feel up to it, it would be really useful if could pop something about your partner's journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thanks Latchbrook for fleshing out what I said. I don't yet know how to create links on here

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
  • Hi 

To create a link first open the page you want to link to and copy the URL from that page. Next, highlight the text you want to turn into a link and then click insert, then click link, then paste the URL in and click OK. It will then turn your highlighted words into a link.  

I hope that helps Slight smile

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"