Cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

Hi all. Near the end of last year my father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and died just back In feb. My partners step dad had cancer about 1/2 years ago and had surgery and the done tests and no cancer was found. Now his cancer is back and is now terminal and doesn't know how long he has left ( he looks like my dad when my dad was in his final days) now about a month ago something really hit me. My mum now has cancer, it started as overian cancer and has now changed to a type of rare cancer that I can't pronounce. My mum had her biospy last week and we are yet to find out what stage her camcer is at. On top of everything happening with cancer, my partner was in hospital for having a severe asthma attack that could have been a lot worse if not caught in time. I haven't spoken to anyone about anything really and I need to because the pain that I feel isn't giving me good thoughts. I need help in finding a way to manage and process all of this. Thank you in advance for your replys 

• Hello Justamann,

Welcome to the community.  Blimey, your family have really been thru it recently. You've made a start by  saying how u feel on here.

You might want  to join the Family and friends group to  get to  know ppl   in a similar  position to you n also  put a bit in your profile- like you've described here perhaps?

The helpline on 0808 808 0000 is open 8am to 8pm if u need to talk to someone. But overnight tonight if it gets really bad, phone the Samaritans.

Longer term, have u thought about counselling? If you have a Maggie's centre near you, they've one to one sessions n also  group sessions -  as do Macmillan centres.

I wish you well in dealing with all this hurt.

Don't bottle it up- that's what we're here for

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.