Recent breast cancer surgery

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 59 subscribers

Hi all

Recently had lumpectomy and lymph nodes removed on the 15th June. Been told I will need radiotherapy and hormone therapy. Can anyone advise the side effects they had for both treatments please? Thank you in advance xx

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us and so sorry to hear that you have been having treatment for Breast Cancer.

As my cancer journey was rather different you may like to follow this link to Breast cancer Forums where you will connect with people who understand the journey your are on. You can ask the folks questions about tests, treatments and what to expect during the months ahead. 

Follow the link above and join the group by hitting the ‘Join the Group’ tab just under the main group name. At this point select how you want to receive email notifications when someone answers your posts.

You can either go to the 'Start a Discussion' tab just under the main group name. Set up your own Discussion and introduce yourself to the group - you could just copy an paste what you have in this first post. You can also have a look through the various threads by going into the ‘Discussions’ section.

You may find our various Macmillan Support Line Services to be helpful - call them on 0808 808 00 00 This free service covers Emotional Support, Practical Information. Clinical Information, Financial Support and Work Guidance mostly open 8.00 to 8.00 but check the link.

We also have our ‘Ask an Expert’. section where you can post questions to our mostly Volunteer Experts but please allow 2 working days to get a reply.

Our Online Information and Support Section  is a good place to find information covering cancer diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers.

Talking to people face to face can help a lot so check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support Groups in your area or a Maggie’s Centre as these folks are amazing.

When you feel up to it try putting some information in your profile. This really helps others when answering. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. Just click on YOUR username, select 'Edit Profile'. Put as much or as little in your profile and you can amend it at any time - you can see members profiles by hitting our forum names.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community although I'm sorry you've had to find us.

It's perfectly natural that you want to find out about possible side effects with your upcoming radiotherapy and hormone therapy so could I suggest that you join the very friendly and active breast cancer group where you can ask questions, share experiences and get support from others.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then post a question or introduce yourself after selecting 'start a discussion' and respond to existing posts by clicking on 'reply'. 

Also available is a section called ask about radiotherapy where radiographer Kate can answer any questions about radiotherapy treatment.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thank you for advice will reach out to the Brest cancer group, take care x

• Hi

I'm from the breast cancer group and recently answered questions on this thread for a lady with the same diagnosis (mine was the same 2 years ago),  have a read through it all and if you have any more questions from what we've already discussed then post on the end of the thread as it might be a question that Sarah hasn't thought of yet and we can do our best to answer in the group.

Best wishes,

Community Champion Badge