My fathers passing

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hi im Kim. My father passed a couple of months ago from bowel cancer. I was very close to him and I cared for him in the final months. I am struggling to come to terms with his death and am looking for some support.

• Hi Kim

Can I offer my condolences for your loss. It must have been terrible for you when he passed as you were very close to him as well as being his carer.

Could I suggest that you join the bereaved  family and friends group where you can share your feelings and get support. To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then post a question or introduce yourself after selecting 'start a discussion' and respond to existing posts by clicking on 'reply'. 

Sending a supportive ((hug))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Kim and condolences from me as well.

The group that has been highlighted would be a great place for ongoing support.

Talking face to face with folks can also help a lot. Please check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support Groups in your area or a Maggie’s Centre as these folks are amazing.

You may also find our Macmillan Support Line Services to be helpful - call them on 0808 808 00 00, This is a free service covering Emotional Support mostly open 8.00 to 8.00 but check the link....... but they may also have information about local support groups in your area.

All the very best to you over this time xx

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge