Pissible cancer?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers

Hi everyone, I am here because I have found a hard, fixed lump under my jaw bone and as I am not able to get to a doctor until Tuesday I was just looking g for some advice. Any information about possible causes would be greatly appreciated. Is there anything else that could be causing this lump? It's rock hard and does not move, there is no pain and the shape is more oval than round. I would say about an inch long. I have a habit of running my fingers under my jaw, as I like the feel of it. I noticed a small, pea sized lump a few weeks ago but size and shape have changed a lot since then. Only other symptom is a horse voice but this comes and goes. I was a smoker for 20 years but have recently given up. Any advice or information would mean the world to me... Thank you.

• Hi and welcome to the community, although sorry to hear of your concerns about your lump. The not knowing and uncertainty can be very worrying. As we are not medics here, it would not be possible for anyone to say what is causing this. Obviously your GP would be the first step. You may like to post your question in the Head and Neck  group where the members have experience of this type of thing. Although they would not be able to say what it is, they may give you an idea of what sort of tests you may have. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?