Im so alone and bankrupt!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 57 subscribers

I have just watched the devil himself...There are absolutely NO words I can use to describe the horror I have endured with my Caroline...And I was not the one that had to fight for survival. Caroline has won the battle up to now. Lung and Breast. But everything is still a black hole with no escape for now!! All is lost.....The battle of survival is won but we cannot live financially, so what was the point? How should we carry on now? How DO we? We beat the Cancer only to starve to death in the rags we have left to cover us!

HELP!!!??!!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

You sound very distressed. I’m not sure how to answer as I don’t think there’s anything I can say that would make you feel better. You’re not alone - either in your distress or your financial situation. 

Maybe it would help to look over this section on the Macmillan information site that looks at cancer and finances. But not until the morning when perhaps things will look clearer. 

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/information-and-support/organising/money-worries?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAjw7_rlBRBaEiwAc23rhlf_Zd0EKuIimZA6d3JPipgJ6krZnEBkhe_iR1oE5RVy5wE-Uvr_IhoCFr8QAvD_BwE

Meanwhile take a few really deep breaths. It helps. Honest. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Daloni thank you for your reply. I am taking your advice. But I have no idea what to do anymore. I was able, thankfully, to borrow from Peter to pay Paul then back to Matthew and around again.....but now i have exhausted all avenues and i have no idea how to tell my love that i have run out of options. So after all this we are homeless, barely clothed and about to starve unless i can magic up around 2000 by friday!! I will do everything in my power but i know i cannot pull this one off this time.....all lines of credit are spent!

• FormerMember

I am extremely distressed, lonely and isolated 

• FormerMember

Hi and welcome to site and I am also very sorry to read your story, getting into debt is never easy to get out of but the first step is to admit to yourself that you have a problem and by posting here I think you've taken the first step it's the next steps  that are equally important and I think that by following the advice given by Daloni is the way forward.

Can I also suggest that before you focus on being bankrupt that you have a look at the leaflet from Citizens Advice CA Bankruptcy click on the green text to open up a new page 

Becoming bankrupt is a big step and there maybe other ways to get you back on firm ground and I'm sure that the Mac Team will be able to help and advise you.

Just to remind you the telephone number is 

0808 808 0000

and the lines open at 8 am and they are there until 8 pm every day although you might want to wait until 9 am to make the call and I do implore you to make a call and take the next very important step, the call is free and could be a life changer.

Keep being strong for your Carolyn you both need each other to survive this and with some outside help I am sure to will start to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Keep us posted how you are getting on we are always here for a chat and to emphasise what Daloni said, remember "You are not alone"

Please make some calls this morning, and get some help, the sooner you make the calls the better and today is the best day to make the calls please don't delay any longer.

Ian

• FormerMember

Good morning

How does the world look now that day has dawned? 

I think Bodach’s advice is good. 

Can I add one thing? I’m not sure as you don’t say but reading between the lines, I suspect you may have kept the full financial situation and the depths of your despair secret from Caroline? Please talk to her. I speak as someone who’s marriage broke down under the strain of cancer and my ex husband’s determination to be strong and not to burden me with his feelings played a big part in that. Your Caroline can’t help you if you won’t let her. 

Xx

• Hi , I am so sorry to hear the position you are in and the strugles you are having.

Could I also highlight CAP just follow the link and have a look.

THIS clip is taken from the Good Morning programme where Money Expert - Martin Lewis recommending the services of CAP.

All the best to you.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Hi just checking how you are now and did you manage make some phone calls today and were able to get some good advice from the telephone support team.

I also hope that you were able to act on Daloni's advice and had a good heart to heart with your Caroline.

Please keep coming back for a chat.

Best regards

Ian