My new scary breast cancer diagnosis

• 3 replies
  • 60 subscribers

Hello, I have just in the last few weeks received the most scary news ever ... after being recalled for a second mammogram, I had an ultrasound scan where a 2cm lump was found, a core biopsy was done and the result was that I had cancer and would need a lumpectomy.  I was booked in for the 13th, had the mag seed marker inserted on the 11th, but the result of the scan taken that day meant that my op was cancelled and another biopsy on the 14th.  I'm currently waiting for the results, which will hopefully be next Tuesday/Wednesday.  I know I will need an op of some sort, the question now is what will it be.  Trying to remain positive, but its hard when everyone keeps saying 'be strong', 'it'll be ok' ... I feel like I've joined a new club and anyone on the outside doesn't understand.  All I want to do at the moment is find someone who is going through this too and basically compare notes.

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community but so sorry to see you finding us.

This is such a hard time for you and the rest of the family but talking with people on the same path can help a lot. 

My cancer journey was rather different but if you follow this LINK to our Breast Cancer Forum you will be able to connect with people who understand the path you are on.

Just join the group and hit the 'Start a Discussion' tab and introduce yourself to the group.

Remember to go to the right on the home page and indicate how you want to receive email notifications when someone answers your posts.

You may also find our various Macmillan Support Line Services on 0808 808 00 00 helpful as you can talk to a friendly person that can help in various ways.

It would be really useful if you could put something into your profile as this does help others when replying to you or for those looking for support and information as they can read a bit about your journey so far.

Just click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile' under the 'Profile Settings'. If you're not sure what sort of thing to put just click on my username, Thehighlander to read my profile but my cancer journey was rather long.

All the best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I was recalled for mammogram, ultrasound then 2 biopsy’s done then had to wait a week to get results. I have 3 tumours about that size and 1 is separate and the others are connected. I have just had an MRI to check further, that they are all I have and nothing lies behind and will get the results this week, but I know that I have got to have an operation, but finding it hard to decide which one. Been told no right or wrong decision, but only I can make it and I need to feel it’s right for me. My daughters have been there for me and have tried to help with the decision, but even they say I need to feel comfortable with my choice. I have decided on two and will wait for the MRI results then maybe it will help which path I go down. At the moment, I’m like you, knowing got to have op. Everything is moving quickly for me. I try to tell them how I feel, but it’s hard cause they don’t know what it’s like. I’m going through it now..,

• Hi again , as I said before my cancer journey was very different (blood cancer - Lymphoma) with no operations but lots of chemo, radiotherapy and Stem Cell Transplants, but I do understand the choice thing. All you can do is weight up the options and go for what you think is best plan for you and you do this with no regrets.

The very best place on this Online Community to get some help is form folks who have or are walking this journey as you and this is the Breast Cancer Forum LINK, in this forum you will be able to connect with people who understand the path you are on.

Just join the group and hit the 'Start a Discussion' tab and introduce yourself to the group.

Remember to go to the right on the home page and indicate how you want to receive email notifications when someone answers your posts.

All the best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge