Anyone Else Going Through Cancer Alone

• 11 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hello all, just been diagnosed with cancer of the womb lining.  Is there anyone else on here going through cancer alone?

• Hi Chloe

I'm sorry about your diagnosis. When you say alone do you mean you live alone ? You have found this forum and although you may feel alone which I fully understand and seems to be a very common feeling i k ow i feel it, you are not alone. My cancer is different to yours but if you ever need to rant or get things out please do. I'm here along with plenty of other people on this forum. Sending a huge hug. X

• Good Morning Chloe ( 

A warm welcome to the Macmillan online Community, although I am so sorry to find you here.

The Community is divided up into cancer specific chat rooms or forums where you can meet Community members on the same or similar journey. To connect with these members I would advise you to join this forum-

Womb (uterus) cancer forum 

To join the forum, just click on the link I have provided and once the page opens up, click on "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page. Once you have joined the forum you can introduce yourself in the "New Here - Say Hello" section by either copying and pasting your original post or reposting it.

Should you feel alone in your cancer journey we do have a "Buddy" service and the link to join this service is here-

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-information-and-support/get-help/emotional-help/macmillan-buddies#:~:text=Our%20free%20Macmillan%20Buddy%20service,buddy%20is%20there%20for%20you.

There is also our telephone support line on 0808 808 00 00 (8am to 8pm 7 days a week) should you wish to chat with a support worker.

I hope the above helps, If I can do anything else for you please don't hesitate to get back to me.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Thank you Bungle1.  I live alone with no nearby family or friends.  I rely on work colleagues for lifts to appointments.  Am in the house on my own, frightened, shaky and anxious.

• Yes I am. I have an inoperable kidney tumour and all the treatment i have been given gives me horrible side effects and makes me ill. The consultant does not come across as very positive when I see her. Mostly all I want to do is cry.

I have one friend and 2 children I rarely see. I had a partner but he’s in a home currently in hospital and has his own health issues and he’s just written me out of his will in favour of 2 grown up children from a former marriage who rarely saw him and did not invite him to any weddings christenings etc. and we were together for 42 years until h went in the home.

• Hi Chloe

Sounds like those work colleagues are more like friends if they are happy to take you to your appointments. I don't know your location but lots of areas have support charitys where you can drop in for a coffee and a chat ,get advice on nutrition etc and some offer complimentary treatments. How you are feeling is totally natural, i find keeping busy and exercise helps me anything that gets my mind to think about something else. I think there is a general chit chat bit on here and I see someone has mentioned about buddies (I've learnt something). Reach out to family and friends if you feel able and let them know how you feel. Big hugs X

• Hello   

It was me who mentioned the Macmillan Buddy scheme and the link to this is in my original post above on this thread.

We now have a daily chat thread in the Cancer Chat forum and here's the link-

Daily chat thread - How are you today? 

There is our guide to help /events in your area and here's the link to this page-

www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-information-and-support

If you have a "Maggie's" near you, this is a Cancer Charity, you can just call in and have a brew and a chat. here's the link to their pages-

https://www.maggies.org/

I do hope the above links help. If i can do anything else for you please don't hesitate to get back to me.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• I’m so sorry Lhasa, sending you my love.

• Hello Bungle, I was only diagnosed yesterday so at the moment I’m just shaking and feeling sick.  I’m so scared.  Unable to leave the house at the moment 

• Hi Chloe im so sorry. I can relate to feeling scared i still am. I was diagnosed 23rd July and start treatment 30th September. All i can say from my experience is the more I've spoken about it and written stuff down its got easier. Also another lady on here told me that once you have a plan from your medical team it helps you to feel more in control and while it's still scarey she was right. Take it one day at a time and do what you need to do for you. Keep talking and or writing. X

• I am also going through kidney cancer alone. Never see the 2 children friends I thought I had don’t seem to want to know me now I have cancer diagnosed 18 months ago and not found any treatment yet that doesn’t give me awful side effects.