Newly diagnosed - Paget's Disease

• 12 replies
  • 40 subscribers

Hi,

I have just been diagnosed with Paget's disease via the biopsy of the nipple. My ultra sound and mammogram were clear. I'm really unsure what to expect now and have no real grasp as to how this will effect my life in both the short term and long term. In my head I think that I'll just have a quick surgery and all will return back to normal. Is this realistic??

I have pre op booked for Monday and surgery due 13th Nov.

I'm also due to fly to Greece on 24th Nov to visit my parents family. I know I'll have to cancel this trip but does anyone know when am I likely to be am to fly safely?

• Hi,

Had my consultant appointment today. 1cm high grade DCIS was removed with clear margins and lymph nodes were clear. Will need 1 week of radiotherapy  but that should be it as far as ongoing treatment. Pain was fine, just really tired.

How are you doing?

• Hi!

I'm so glad that your results sound so positive and that you don't need more surgery. There are so many 'what ifs' aren't there. I still have heard nothing a week on from my appointment. I'm not sore or anything but I'm caring for my mum who has Alzheimer's and while I was out of the room she fell.

My sister is down now sitting with her and I'm in my room crying. My mum had told my sister that she was on her own and I shouted that I was cleaning her room. The look on my sister's face really upset me. It's stupid but I guess I'm not coping so well this week. It's the waiting, isn't it.

Anyway, I'm really pleased for you. I'm hoping for the same result! 

Take care

Hx