Hi

• 15 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Hi, just wanted to say hello. To be honest I've joined due to being so frightened of  lump I've found. Unable to see a gp so have no clue what to do. Sending luv n hugs to u all xx

• Just wanted to say Hi Reading some of your posts helped me through my journey.  Not sure if I’ve told you before.

Hope things are all well for you.

• Thanks.  I promise I'll call Wednesday. I clicked to answer you earlier and ended up on your profile. I'm a complete newbie here. Just so inspirational all that some people go through. I'm so made up you are ok xx

• Hi , I am doing great, the sun is out up in the Highlands and we have two old friends visiting the back garden for afternoon tea Wink

Good to hear I have been helpful - this is what the Community is all about.

Well done  in taking that first step, I do get frustrated when I hear about GP Surgeries not being proactive and just setting up an appointment....... if it was me on your shoes I would phone first thing tomorrow and ask if there are any cancellations just to demonstrate that you are anxious and stressed..... if you get nothing you then call first thing on Wednesday just after they open and say “you told me to call back today - when is my appointment?” ((Hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you both.......and you've both given me the shove I need. I havent even got a partner who could give me a shove......or even look at it haha. I will push drs. Shouldnt have to should we. I have a few friends diagnosed with different things at the minute and I swear its cause covid isnt allowing us appointments. 1 friend has got lymphoma. 1 has got hodgkins cancer of the blood. I dont understand that. Hez in hospital waiting on a biopsy on his liver or something cause they have seen 3 spots on his liver. I pray to god it's not spread to his liver. Hes only 42. One has just had a cancerous tumour removed from his neck. I have said I swear its cause drs are fobbing people off. Thanks and I'll be in touch during the week. xxxx luv n hugs x

• I was diagnosed in 1999 with a rare type of Skin Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and it’s all very complicated.

Lymphomas like Hodgkin’s are all indeed cancer of the blood..... but on the whole it does not show up in blood tests Flushed

It is hard when you have friends living with cancer and it makes us appreciate the challenges around what COVID has brought along. 

Do keep in touch on this thread and we will help as best as we can ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge