Hi

• 15 replies
  • 59 subscribers

Hi, just wanted to say hello. To be honest I've joined due to being so frightened of  lump I've found. Unable to see a gp so have no clue what to do. Sending luv n hugs to u all xx

• Hi  sorry you are feeling frightened.  If it's a lump in your breast you've found you are going to get more responses if you post on the breast cancer group rather than here.

The chances are that it is nothing to worry about as lots of breast lumps (if that's what you are referring to) turn out to be nothing to worry about but you really must go and get it looked at by someone.  Is there a reason why you can't go to your GP to get the lump checked out?  

In the unlikely event that it is cancerous don't panic because breast cancer is very treatable these days, there are many success stories on here with people being cancer free for years.  The earlier it is caught and treated the better the success rate and probably the easier and quicker the treatment SO PLEASE DO GO AND GET IT LOOKED AT.

Hope it turns out to be nothing x

• Hi GodWilling thanks for your reply. I think I've posted in a group and then came here to say hi. I hope you sre ok.  It's not in my breast it's down below. So embarrassment, nerves but more so covid restrictions I cant get in with gp. I'm thinking leave it a few days.....although not sure how long it's been there but I'm also not sure if i can continue with no sleep and this panic.  Thanks so much xx

• Hi  and warm welcome to the Macmillan Online Community although sorry that you had to find us and especially sorry to hear about your concerns.

As my friend  says, you must get checked out. We are continually hear the NHS is open so your GP has to see anyone who is presenting with suspicious symptoms that may or may not point to cancer....... so get on the phone and don’t take no for an answer.

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support or just a listening ear.

Most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week and it's free to call on 0808 808 00 00 have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks so much for your reply. I will try and pluck up courage to call them. It will have to be tomorrow now. Appreciate your advice. I'm trying to change drs and have to have an appointment with the nurse in the new drs I think before they take me on. So I'm wondering if I'm best waiting and mentioning it to her. Thanks so much xx

• I can understand why it can be embarrassing but it will be a few moments of embarrassment for peace of mind or for catching it earlier rather than later.  Doctors see all sorts so to them this is nothing - have you ever watched the programme embarrassing bodies?

I hope you are going for your cervical smears, I'm thinking that if you are finding this embarrassing that maybe you are not getting your smears done and you really must get those done because cervical cancer is common and treatable especially if caught early.

Saving yourself a bit of embarrassment and putting your life in danger is just not worth it and the doctors really have seen it all on a regular basis - it's nothing at all to them just another day at work.

• Hi , I can only agree with my friend . Over my years volunteering on this and other cancer support platforms the path is littered with many people saying “I wish I had got checked out earlier”

If you are still not that sure call one of our Support Team on 0808 808 00 00 and have a talk with them.

Do pick up the phone ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks mike. I will call. Hopefully all will be ok but if it's not I guess I have serious thank yous to make to you both xx

• Lol I've not seen embarrassing bodies. I'd be the star of the show. You are going to be shocked but yes I go for smear. I had one in January. It came back positive for hpv but no cell changes detected so need another smear next january. I guess it's just the same now you've put it that way.....just hopefully not as uncomfortable. Thanks so much xx

• So I braved it and picked the phone up. Think I'm frightened of what they will say too to be honest. All that panic and they said I have to call back Wednesday and see if they can fit me in for teleSobone apt. SobSob.  I will try wedensday morning. x

• Well done .  Make sure you keep chasing them and don’t let them fob you off with just a phone consult - I would keep pushing them until somebody sees you.

It’s normal to put things off because we want to bury our heads in the sand and ignore things but that just makes things worse or at best prolongs the stress of wondering whether it is or isn’t something sinister.

Let us know how you get on and hopefully it proves to be nothing. Xx