New and scared

• 1 reply
  • 51 subscribers

I am new here and I am worried sick, I can't sleep or eat, my heart feels like it's going to explode and I feel sick. I saw my GP yesterday because I became aware of a changing mole on my back, it has always worried me as it was bigger than all tbe others but now it feels rough and has a raised patch which is a different colour. I can't get melanoma and that I'm going to die out my head. My doc phoned the hospital while I was in the room to make an apt to have pictures taken so this so quickly makes me think she knows it's serious, have to wait until Tuesday for this then who knows...thanks even for allowing me to write this and get it off my chest, anybody been in a similar situation?

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

It's natural to fear the worst when we notice worrying symptoms but you've done the right thing in going to see your GP. 

As the online community is divided up into different support groups I'm going to recommend that you come and join us in the melanoma group. This isn't because I think you have melanoma but because you can then talk to others, including myself, who have been where you are now and we can share our experiences with you.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. 

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"