Badgers

• 7 replies
  • 48 subscribers

The family have just come up 2 babies tonight

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Fabulous! Xx

• How lovely!!!!

The other day i did go out with my garbage and saw two Kangaroos across the road, i did go in to get my phone for a picture, but hey as always they had run off...but theres always another day.

Pet

• Oh my goodness what have you been feeding them on, the adults look very big!

Word must have spread to the Kangaroos there is a Michelin star dining experience in the area!!! Lol!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi

What a sight! Do you know where the sett is?

There's a sett at the far side of the field behind me and there are a few openings in the grass below the mature trees which form a barrier between it and the next, lower, waterlogged field which leads to Carrigullian Lough, an inland lake. 

I've been living in the area for 40 years and during that time the sett has been evident. It has been actively used for most of that period. It's not easy for me to get there these days, but a few months ago I grabbed my crutches and headed over, when I saw the land that has a few entrances I was delighted to see that there had been new activity and a lot of earth and stones had been shifted. The grass that was there has been buried and I could see scrape marks from a badger's claw. 

As I said, there was a period of inactivity which concerned me. Some entrance holes were covered by long green grass, so much so that as I walked along, my left leg slipped into a hole that was covered with grass. The whole of my leg disappeared right to my thigh. Now, that hurt, because my right leg was still above ground! My first thought was I hoped the badgers didn't think they were under threat and they wouldn't start attacking my foot! My second thought was to get out of there ASAP. I'll grab my crutches and get over there and take some photos. It's not as simple as that though. I need to bring my wife with me because I'm out of sight of the house and she doesn't like that idea as I could easily have a fall. So she has to be in the mood for going there herself. Me, I'd go every day if I could!

Devon cat, it's almost as if the badgers are bringing their young to show you them. I'd like to divert to a different topic now, your beautiful photos of the bay, with little boats abundant. Where is that? I presume it's somewhere in Devon, but I'm not sure. Would you mind telling me? 

Thanks for your time

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi Tvman

No we don't know where the set is a few years ago my partner saw them coming up the lane next to our home, but have no idea where from, we don't think it's far.

And I agree with you that mum and dad like to show the babies to us, almost saying you now have a couple more mouths to feed.

The pics are of Teignmouth, it's called the Polly steps, very peaceful, people launch their boats there, but we go further up, the other side is busier but we don't go there, it's a little piece of heaven, if you Google the B.O.A.T at Teignmouth it will show you Abit more, well worth a visit.

X

Smiley catDevon cat

when nothing goes right go left.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Pet1968

hi Pet1968, 

oh how lovely, the last time I was in Australia, I use to sit out the back of my parents to feed the cockatoos, and watch the kangaroos., they lived out at Harvey range before it was built up, beautiful country, I do miss it terrible some times,  hope your good xx

max x

• , Hi Max!

Yes it is nice but cold here at the moment lol...i am doing alright, will get a call from Endocrinologist today for the first time, so will see if he got a idea to get my Thyroids working..they are driving me mad...up and down as pleased, is a side effect from my immun therapy, i'm on it for nearly 4 years now...so we see.

Hope you all have a nice day and i'm still trying to get some pictures for you all lol

Pet