Sunday times

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 15 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi gang 

You might remember I did a series of interviews for Sky and BBC last week about being in limbo for cancer treatment. Well one thing leads to another and today I spent an hour on the phone with Decca Aitkenhead of the Sunday Times. She is doing a feature on how people’s treatment has been disrupted during the Covid crisis. So I expect to feature in a feature article in the Sunday Times this week.

I did manage to talk about the online community during the interview. She was really interesting to talk to. I don’t know if you know much about her, but she has survived cancer and drowning of her husband. I felt she really understood what I was saying.

I thought you might like to know. Sorry if this comes across as showing off.  I hope not. 

xx

• Hi 

Absolutely no chance of showing off from you. In my humble opinion the more publicity we get the better and you are leading the way. There are so many people like us out there feeling as though there is no where to turn that anything we can do to to offer support or get cancer treatment back on the map after Covid has to be a good thing. 

A life lived in fear, is a life half lived.
    Nicky
  • Hi, I'm with the more publicity the better! Lo and behold, last week when you were interviewed you were in Limbo, now suddenly you have a plan for treatment! That's fantastic but do you think it's just a coincidence! I know you have a terrific team, so onward and upward! you realise now you could go on to one of the quizzes on TV, like Celebrity Chase or Celebrity Pointless! If they call the people from reality shows celebs then you definitely deserve the Celeb Status!!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

I must admit. I’m one of the lucky ones who has had continued treatment through out.  My chemo ward is in a different building to the main hospital so that’s maybe why.  I do feel fortunate and know it’s not the same for everyone.

enjoy the sunshine everyone if you can.

• Hi Gang  I wonder if anyone read the article in the Sunday Times? My husband went to the shop to buy one but they had none left and when you look online, they want you to subscribe before you can read anything!

Please if anyone has this article, could you take a picture of it and post it here, that would be great! Hope you are all enjoying your holiday weekend!

Love Annette x

• FormerMember

Hi Annette

i am a subscriber tell me what the article is and I will try and send it to you . Though someone will have to explain how to . Take care

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi 

I bought the paper and it did not run. Boo! 
    xx

• Hi,

This is surely the right right way to go,it really needs to be brought to the forefront now, as people are still in limbo.

I feel sure that I would have had chemo by now,rather than this hormone tablet which is supposed to be a stop gap & the whole scenario has been going on since February.

So well done you, you are such a team leader.

Georgette xx

• Hi Daoni, I take it you also checked the Sunday Magazine! Maybe they will run it next week! I certainly hope so!

Love Annette x

• FormerMember

Hi gang 

Stand down. They have decided not to run the piece. I hope that’s because so many of us are coming out of limbo now - me included. That would really be the best outcome 

Xx