Three Good Things 2020

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 63 replies
  • 50 subscribers

it struck me that a few of us are having tough times, whether emotionally or physically, so thought perhaps we should resurrect this for 2020.

and I will kick it off

1. Finally made it through the worst of cycle 2 Carbo/caelyx side effects, touch wood, no being sick now for 3 days, thank the lord!

2. Walked round the local ponds with my best friend in winter sunshine yesterday, ducks and geese and thousands of snowdrops.

3. Today a trip to Waterstones, my favourite shop to buy new books, always a pleasure

love heather xxx

• 1. Finished last cycle of chemotherapy 

2. PSA now <0.1

3. Able to work from home for the time being

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ooooh not done this before!

1. Reducing the plaxitaxol from 3 weekly to weekly doses has greatly improved the demonic side effects. So now my feet and hands have gone from numb to tingly. Not tripping so much or dropping small things. Huzzah!

2. I have tentatively started drawing again because I can hold a pencil! Making art greatly improves my mental wellness. 

3. Have talked to my chemo team about exercise cus my meds have made me feel the size of a dirigible . We happily came to the conclusion that doing a bit of Just Dance on the Wii U is just as good if not a lot cheaper than joining a gym. So on with the glow bangles and leg warmers! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Oooh thanks fir starting this . I’ve been meaning to do it so I’m glad you had more get up and go than me. I’ve had an extremely tricky couple of days so it’s good to focus on the good things 

1. I had a nice surprise late birthday present today that was entirely unexpected and incredibly thoughtful 

2. I put a frock on and felt glamorous 

3. I heard something I really needed to hear about asking for help and being open to accepting it. 

xxx

• FormerMember

Goodness what a lot of rain we’ve had today. It was my daughter’s inset day today so my first good thing was getting out with the dog during the only rain-free interlude. We had such a lovely walk together. 

The second was making the best of the dreary afternoon by making two batches of cookies for my daughter’s bake sale at school tomorrow. She’s raising funds to buy school supplies for a school in Uganda. 

The third was eating a whole plate of food for dinner. Beans and cheese on toast. I didn’t leave so much as a crust. Go me! 

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

What books do you like reading?

• FormerMember

1: I play my Irish drum first thing after feeding the cats.

2: I did some housework, then did some paperwork. Then cuddle my cats, having a lazy afternoon for once.

3: doing my Frida Kahlo crochet bag. Now watching Night at the museum.

• FormerMember

Sounds nice,

I am reading the Book of Dust series by Philip Pullman at the moment. Easy to read, good story told at a good pace. Sometimes it’s so exciting I can’t read fast enough 

xx

• FormerMember

I forgot to do this last night so this is yesterday’s three good things 

1. Walking in the sunshine with the dog. The wind was bitter but, at long last, it wasn’t raining. 

2. Choir practice. We are singing some new and difficult music but it felt like we made some headway 

3. I made a big batch of granola. Oats, coconut oil, maple syrup, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, almonds, and dried sour cherries. That should last a couple of weeks. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

1.  Booked a girlie retail day - lost weight in last year so desperately need new clothes.  Going to hotel in Stratford london right next to Westfield so can rest between shops etc

2. Booked a holiday with son and hubby - just a week in this country in a luzery lodge but cannot wait to have real family time

3. Got a sewing machine- always loved hand sewing so thought I would try making some of my own clothes 

• FormerMember

Hi

A girl after my own heart! I took up sewing when I had to give up work. I found I could happily spend a day gently sewing even when fatigue got the upper hand over most activities. As the fabric stash built up I taught myself patchwork. Hours of fun! 

My three good things today 

1. A bargain handbag. Fabulous Italian leather at 80% off in a posh local boutique that is doing a stock clearance. One for me and one for my big girl. 

2. Watching my neighbour’s 10-year-old play with Noodle. I’m not sure who enjoyed it most. Me, the dog or the girl. 

3. Treacle sponge pudding with custard from M&S. Now that’s the way to put on weight. 

xxx