living life to the full

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 59 replies
  • 53 subscribers

once  I renew and get my passport I have decided to do more, travel and do things I always wanted to do,without worrying if it's going to kill me.

I've been too worried about doing things, now to hell with it, Life has to be lived, Do more life:)

I hope this gives people more courage to do likewise.

I've  Learned you can't worry about the inevitable.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hear, hear . I spent far too long dying of cancer before I learned to live with it. I’m right behind you. Quite possibly pushing you up that gangplank. 

Where are you going first? 

xx

• Hear hear indeed! I think we all make the same mistakes to start with!

This is a quotation I really like;-

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!    This is the bit I'd add "So live it"!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • I was so worried before I went away but it was fine and made me feel so much better.l wasn’t so depressed it give me that boast again.If you don’t try you will never know as my Mum would say,Thumbsup tone1

Each day a blessing stay strong 

• Dear Dawie

Thank you - your courage is infectious. It's difficult not to worry, but if we can let go of that worry, it leaves space for something more useful

Hope that passport arrives soon

X

Flowerlady x
  • Hi

I think it’s pointless to put ourselves through gruelling treatment to not then enjoy the reason for doing so. I took 4 holidays last year and have 2 booked already for this year.  Let’s enjoy life whilst we still can.x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to mummyb

I agree totally.

Four holidays last year and three booked, so far, for this year.

Enjoying while I still can xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I agree too!! My husband has taken a sabbatical from work and we’ve taken our children out of mainstream school! 

we’ve spent a month in Sri Lanka, home for Christmas/January then onto our next adventure in February!!! 

making every day count x

• We managed to get very early retirement for hubby, he was 53.  Unfortunately our 2 daughters didn’t want anything else to change and wouldn’t come out of school.  Gives me and hubby chance to have fun before he ends up my carer and we go away every school holiday.

sri Lanka sounds fab.  X

• That’s the way to go suzieq. Gotta love a good holiday.x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi SuzieQ721, I like your thinking, but how do you go about getting travel insurance. I have metatastic melanoma, I so want to go on holiday but insurance would put a stop to travel outside the uk