Just created a blog but tools are missing

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 9 replies
  • 46 subscribers

can anyone advice me as to the missing blog tools. Write a post and edit a post?  I cannot start my blog. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

I am going to drop a line to the community team at HQ to see if they can help. 

xx

• Hey Jack, 

Looking at your profile, you've not yet created a blog to then post in.

It's a bit weird on site in that you need to create a blog title to then put individual posts into. So the first thing is to go to the following and fill it out - https://community.macmillan.org.uk/create-blog

As an example, if you look on my profile then scroll down to blog posts and click, you'll see that the blog is called "The Butterfly Who Flapped Too Hard". Then under that heading you'll see lots of individual posts, each with their own title.

So after your blog is created, then you'll get the options to make a post in it. But for ease, I'll add the link here - No I won't, lol. The link is, of course, blog specific. But as I say, once you've created it then you'll get the options to post in it. 

Good luck! 

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lass

I have tried 5 times to create a blog. Here it is. But it’s saying no log has been created. Has Macmillian blocked it? 

• Hmmmm.

OK, so I can see it in the news feed as having been created at least twice. But your screen shot is showing that you're viewing the blog as a guest rather than as the owner. 

I don't know how you're accessing the blog, but try clicking on your username on the top right. Then navigate down to blog posts, rather than using the one in the front page main menu, and click. Then see if you can see a blog to go into, and then if the make a new post button is there.

My fingers are crossed for you! 

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• FormerMember

I clicked blogs. Then clicked create a blog. Filled in title. Then description. . But it keeps showing the same page in my profile. I have followed all the instructions.  Cannot even change anything, even the photo avatar. Generally my changing profile and everything keeps saying contact administrator.

• Heya, 

If you're still not seeing the post options by accessing it via your profile and NOT the blogs, then sounds like the tech team have broken it. Lol. (Not a surprise tbh) 

Hopefully someone that Daloni contacted will be in touch tomorrow with a solution.

If you haven't already, I'd type up the blog post in Word, or an equivalent, so that once it's fixed you can copy and paste it straight over.

Sorry I couldn't help! 

Lass

Xx

• FormerMember

You have been a help. Both of you. Someone has sent me a email from the help team. It may be a cookie situation or privately settings. Thanks. Goodnight.

• FormerMember

The problem was from the site’s side. They have fixed things and I have finally started my blog. Thanks for helping me.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Finally got my blog started. It was blocked from the site’s end. Thanks for contacting them. How are you all?