LadyPepys

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 9 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Does anyone please have any news of LadyPepys? She used to post so regularly on here, and hasn't done for some time.

thank you

• Hi Goeash

I used to be in touch with Lady Pepys regularly, I put a few posts in the Pancreatic Cancer group for her when she was having bother with putting posts on. She gradually became poorly and had mobility problems. She stopped posting and despite sending her PM's, she never responded. Lady Pepys was a real character, and she's missed by all who knew her.

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Thank you Tvman. Yes, she was a lovely lady. I am sorry to think she has probably passed. Thank you for your reply. xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi

I have been thinking about Lady Pepys too these past few days but I was almost afraid to ask. It’s part of the wonder of this site that we can be who we are with no judgement of looks or accent or anything superficial. But it’s part of the sadness too. Sometimes people just disappear. 

Lady P certainly brought a light with her on this site. I miss her. 

xx

• FormerMember

I have also been wondering about a few names that haven't appeared for a while.  Another is Button16.  I'm hoping she is just busy enjoying her little bundle x

• FormerMember

Same here. 
    xx

• And me. Is that the Button who posted regularly on here? I remember from the last few posts she had lost a lot of weight and was quite ill.

I've not been feeling too good for a few days, just a passing bug I hope.

I wanted to post yesterday to wish you get your timetable sorted favourably but I was quite ill, so I hope I'm not too late.

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • Hi Tvman, Sorry you've not been very well, maybe something to do with the travelling and worrying time you've had recently! Sometimes our bodies just say...enough...and you have to rest! That's what happened to me. Did far too much last week as I was out every day. I try to leave a day in between to rest but that didn't happen. So on Monday, I had no choice and rested.

No you are not too late, I got a phone call and letter from the surgeon's secretary to ask me to go to his clinic this coming Tuesday (12). I've already had my pre op assessment, so hopefully I will get a date for the surgery that doesn't interfere with all the nativity plays and Christmas Fayres that are coming up soon. I've already given his secretary (who's lovely) the dates we go to Manchester which are       5-10th Dec incl. So with a bit of luck, this might be done before Christmas possibly after 10th Dec! The trouble is the nearer we get to 25/12/ the longer the biopsy results will take because of the festive season holidays!

I hope you feel better soon!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • I believe that Pepys did say once, that she had all of her passwords written down with a list of who needed informed when she'd passed. So her family did have instructions to post here and let everyone know when she was gone. 

However she was also having a lot of technical issues with the site, and was getting more than fed up with it. She gave up posting in here, as it just wouldn't let her, and was only posting in.... Was it the pancreas group? But that was causing issues sometimes too.

So she may have just given up in frustration at the site not behaving when she needed it to. See if might ping her email to see if someone will pop in and update.

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• Hi Lass, Yes I do remember us all talking about leaving instructions if/when we died! I also remember her getting very annoyed at the site as things weren't posting and she wasn't getting notifications, just like me! I do hope this is the reason we haven't heard from her! At one stage, I almost gave up myself but couldn't because I care too much about everyone in the Incouragables Group too much!

Even last night, I replied to a post and when I pressed "post" nothing happened! I kept trying, still nothing! Then the post disappeared! I wrote it out again and copied it, just in case! Pressed post and it kept changing colour from green to purplish then back to green! I spent over an hour on it, then gave up, telling myself I'd do it later or tomorrow and it would work then! I pressed back, to go back to the original post and was going to press like. Just imagine how I felt when I saw the first reply I had done HAD actually posted and I had wasted over an hour!! It's just as well I don't swear as I wouldn't have known when to stop last night!! Please people, never give up! To be honest I do think when this site was first set up, no one would have imagined how many people would use it! It must be a nightmare to try to run!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!