Unbelievable

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 22 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Last few weeks have been sh**y  but very excited about going 2 c my manager about returning to work I knew I had to reduce my hours for a while was looking forward to getting back to a bit of normal life 

How stupid was I 

Manager informs me I have 2 have a occupational therapist assessment and  have to move departments I was horrified  she did say not 100% but due to having lost of top left arm movement she thing it will not b safe to work in the pfs (petrol station) .I couldn't believe what I was hearing  I've spent the last year battling cancer with the thought of going back to work and now I find myself fighting 4 my job 

Kym xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Jeez . You couldn’t make it up. I am so sorry you have this new battle on your hands. Please call the Macmillan helpline and ask to speak to one of their financial experts. 
    xx

• Aw Kym

Sounds totally ridiculous. I'm sure MacMillan must have someone qualified to give you info on the legal aspects of what a company is or isn't allowed to do. Also if the company is large enough like the size of one of the major players in that field then there should be a shop steward able to help you. 

Don't let the assessment worry you. If you think it's going to be too much for you, ask for someone to take up the fight on your behalf. You must feel like life is so unfair when you are looking forward to getting back to work and then something else is lobbed into the mix.

I hope you have a good result and keep us informed so we can support you.

Here's me thinking that I would come to my daughter's and get a break from the pain but no chance!  It's 3 in the morning and I'm going to get back to sleep now, maybe the next time I wake up it'll be because an excited 3 year old grandson is bouncing on top of me, grinning from ear to ear Slight smile, shouting "Get up and come downstairs and play with me" even though it's just turned 6am!

Good luck Kym

Tvman x

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

That's awful, Kym. I hope Macmillan can offer you some help.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hi tvman 

Thank u 

Best part of having grandchild  is when they do that  first thing in the morning then u grab that  quite nap in the chair x 

Sorry u in pain hope most of this is due 2 the journey n settle down today 

Even though it's a sad time your visit to your daughters try n enjoy it as much as possible 

Kym xx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi AP7

I hope someone can help 

Kym 

• FormerMember

Hi Daloni 

Thank u I will give them a call today I hope they can help I dont think I have any more fight in me 

Was thinking of the meeting last night n just started winding myself up with it all the best part was my manager said u have kept me informed all the way n sent in letters u received (scan appointments oncologist appointment anything I received I send in ) she ask me dose she have anything saying its terminal  yes I said try my sicknote from gp it says it on their oh she says n u also have it on the hospice letter inviting me there to do end of life care plan  just unbelievable 

Hope u r ok Danni with all u have goin on xxx

Kym

• FormerMember

Hi 

There really should be a special place in hell reserved for managers like this. Or minigers as I prefer to call them. What an unbelievably unpleasant piece of work she is. I am so sorry you have to deal with her and so sorry she’s taking up so much head space. It’s easy to say “try not to dwell on it’ but totally impossible I know.

Yes I’m doing ok, thanks for asking. I was at hospital yesterday with my daughter for her appointment with the allergy clinic. She’s been in hospital five times since May with anaphylaxis. It turns out she does not have an allergy but a wildly overactive immune system with the mast cells randomly secreting large amounts of histamine, resulting in hives and itchiness.

She’s being referred to the severe urticaria service to see what level of treatment might help. It was a tricky meeting as she was hoping they’d do allergy tests, tell her what she’s allergic to and she could go on her merry way avoiding said allergen. But it’s not so clear cut as that. She’s most likely to get better spontaneously, maybe within a year but it could be several years. It’s going to take time for her to process all this. 

Today I am at the hospital on my own behalf - blood tests and check up ahead of treatment tomorrow. The irony is that my daughter is struggling with an immune system that is producing too many IgE antibodies. Meanwhile the hospital is injecting me with IgE antibodies to fight the cancer.

Lots of love xxx

• FormerMember

Hi Daloni 

That's crazy about IgE antibiotics  x I  just got call from oncologist  she wants me to have a round of radiotherapy starting monday for 4weeks 

Also got a appointment  with the orthopaedic clinic tomorrow  find out if they r going to do surgery on my shoulder  

Best of luck  with treatment tomorrow 

Kym xx

• FormerMember

Hi daloni , you just couldn’t make this up re IgE antibodies ,hope you are both sorted asap . our immune systems have a lot to answer for !!!

kym 66   Hope you get some positive help to deal with your manager

positive thoughts everyone ,quit e hard at times i know

janet

xxx

• FormerMember

Hi

I hope having a plan will help you feel more settled. Have you had radiotherapy? My best advice is plan in plenty of rest 

good luck! 
    xx