Picc line

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Morning all just a quick question 

Has anyone had problems with their picc line 

District nurse came to take bloods today ready for chemotherapy tomorrow but she couldn't get any blood from me so book appointment at hospital for blood and she left I ask what's the problem with my picc line and she said no problem....I'm a  bit worried  do I need to contact someone or just ignore they cant get blood Thinking any suggestions  please I am a bit concerned 

Kym x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Kim,

i had a pic line 5 years ago, and on the fourth infusion it was blocked. The nurse immediately removed it, and booked me in for a portacath. That has worked well for 5 years now. 

I hope yours is sorted quickly. x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you  .

Do i need to call someone (who) or leave until tomorrow when i go chemo 

Kym x

• FormerMember

Kim, do you have a designated nurse you can contact? If not I would ring the hospital, get through to the clinic, and ask. That will put your mind at rest one way or another. x

• FormerMember

Yes I agree I've rang my breast care nurse waiting on her to call back 

Thank you for your help 

Kym xx

• FormerMember

Is there a twist in the pic line ? The first one I had in for six months and it ended up with a small blood clot on the end which couldn’t be flushed clear. They ended up changing it. Has she tried to flush it before taking bloods ?

• FormerMember

Hi steve 

No all is fine with picc line 

Chemo nurse said sometimes a film grows across the end let's the flush go in but when trying 2 draw blood they recover the end so no blood 

Thanks kym