New treatment cabo

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi, I am starting my new treatment next week 3rd July Cabozantinib but starting on 40 but with no treatment breaks, i’m Not sure if anyone else has breaks on this drug. I was on Pazopanib for 3 years with no breaks unless tooth out,just hoping the side effects are not to bad but i’m I will find out next week

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi 

i know nothing about this treatment but I wanted to wish you luck. I hope the side effects are minimal and the nurses are kind. May your veins stay soft and pliable and your bloods normal. 

Love and hugs 

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

How has your first week been Daisy?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Daisy

I am on my 13th cycle of Cabo 40mg . Started with 60mg but had to be reduced to 40mg due to side effects - very upset tummy. As to side effects. By and large Im relatively lucky. I get the odd bout of upset tummy , I take loperamide for this. I get tired and have to organise the day to include a nap , but hey that's easy .  I've moved to a Vegan diet which helps with the upset tummy. Kidney tumour has shrunk , cancer spread to bones is under control. New treatments are scary but for me , compared to this time last year , I can do heaps more and we have even managed a couple of holidays. Hope all goes well and that my reply has helped you. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi I am on my second week so far not to bad,had sore mouth for abit but used mouth wash given by doctor and it’s made me constipated, go tomorrow for a check up and I have been watching my blood pressure which is ok.

thank you for asking hope your doing ok

• Hi Daisy, I hope your treatment goes well, I have no experience with the drug you mention but I was on my cancer drug for over three years! I had to reduce it a few times due to side effects and then it was increased again, once things settled down.  I would say the one important thing about any new treatment is to advise your team of any new side effects as they turn up as only once they are aware of these, they can help! Good luck and I hope your side effects stay minimal!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!