How well I look!

• 45 replies
  • 24 subscribers

I've been told how well I look by friends and at the moment I do feel OK most of the time, apart from my bowels playing up, been told by consultant it's probably  the tumour in my cervix pressing on my bowels, plus long term effects of the brachytherapy. I feel quite nauseous when this happens, usually in the mornings. It's funny, but sometimes other people think because you look OK it can't be that serious and that there must be something that can be done and that I'm being pessimistic and negative, when in fact I'm just being realistic.

Also, because I didn't lose my hair during my chemo and radiotherapy last year, maybe they think the cancer can't possibly be that bad. It didn't work and the cancer came back. I get a bit irritated when others tell me to keep positive. I know they mean well of course and on the whole I'm keeping cheerful with my rather dark humour, which upsets some people who interpret it as negativity. I've always had it though, well before my diagnosis. I'm enjoying days out and doing things, planning holidays etc and had a comment from a friend saying that for someone who's so ill I get about a lot!  It seems you can't win. Rant over.. for now!

• Yes, if people had xray vision they would be shocked.

Very often the people who look the most well have the most serious illnesses.

Looks are deceiving!

• I listen to people talking about equality, well we are living with real equality everyday no matter what cancer we have we are all incurable the most equal group of friends in the world, and we achieve it without trying, God bless us all 

• So true Ulls.

Had another 'Oh but you look so well!" today 

I think it throws people that I have hair and stull look like me. . It doesn't fit their picture of the stereotypical cancer patient.  I should look like a leaflet.  Apparently.

It used to annoy me,  but now I find it mildly amusing.

• Hi Harebelle, I still get that. Now a days I just smile keep going,  Hope your OK and had a good Christmas xx

• I look so good I should have a modeling contract, good job they don't have x-ray eye's. Lol 

• I'm sure because I look very well, haven't really lost weight people even good friends think I'm not as unwell as first diagnosed. In fact if I didn't need a wheelchair when outside now they would think the whole diagnosis was wrong. I have outlived my first estimate in fact when I went to see about some radiotherapy not long ago the consultant said I really didn't expect to see you again.

We can all be good at looking better than we are at times I'm sure. I only go out when I'm having a good day and put on a bit of slap so that helps too. I have had to bite my tongue several times from saying well let's swap lives then. One day it will come out I'm sure

• Hmmm i want proof Ulls

• Yes i can fully agree...my sister even once asked me ...when do you die now...well i hope not so soon lol

• Contract on its way Ulls. I'm having lunch with a friend today, she's very straight with me, if I look a bugger she tells me, today's instructions "put your slap on lady"  So I best look my best xx

Moi

• I don't have to blow my own trumpet, you can ask Ellie she has a photo of me, this question has been asked on the good morning 4 thread.