Scared

• 13 replies
  • 68 subscribers

Hi

Been told I have months rather than years. Just going to give me treatment to keep symptoms under control. I'm scared, keep feeling panicky and although I have been able to put on a brave face in front of doctor and family I just don't know how I come to terms with this. I say the right thing like I'll have to take each day as it comes and I'm going to try and carry on as normal but get out and visit places whilst my health allows it but living with this isn't going to be easy. Help please.  Not updated profile with the latest news but you will get my history.

Julie G

• Hi  

That's good that you've rang the helpline. I hope the link is useful for booking the counselling, it works I've tested it. There is information and a number to call. 

Living with uncertainty is a challenge. Do you have a Maggie's centre near you Julie? They do workshops/courses on this subject. 

Be gentle with yourself, this is a lot to take in. 

A x

• Welcome Julie, I won't repeat what all the lovely forum friends have already said, but suffice it you say, you're not alone. We're all on the same road, albeit in different places, but as we're all heading ultimately in the same direction we help each other face it = whatever it is. Keep posting and talking to us. There's always somebody here. Hugs from Rainie x

• Hi Julie (Jkg), I am awake at this time, as usual and wondering how everyone is doing! I hope most people are fast asleep! Did you manage to get anything booked so you can tell them how you feel? I do hope so! 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!