New and a little lost in limbo

• 11 replies
  • 67 subscribers

Living in Switzerland I try to find others with experience with peritoneal cancer (secondary) stage 4. However also how to accept and live with this diagnosis of an uncurable cancer. What do I have to expect, my doctors are rather vague. There is little experience available, any suggestions?

Currently I live in a kind of limbo, try to be rational. With a scientific background that comes natural, but how do I handle emotions? Tears are uncontrollable.

And now I need to accept changes in my working environment. With an official 100% IV retirement my employer sent me a terminatoon and settlement agreement and is about to organise a farewell party. All makes perfectly sense but I am having problems how to deal with this change. I was used to plan long ahead but now ...? Of course I know that my only choice is to be optimistic and to enjoy little things on a daily basis. It works ok but also these are only words - too philosphical?

May be writing in this forum may help to find a way to live ahead. How do I get out of my "control" syndrom?