mRNA cancer vaccine

• 13 replies
  • 22 subscribers

I am quite excited at today’s news that Moderna’s individualised mRNA cancer vaccine has entered phase 3 trials. The early target is melanoma, but as it is being delivered alongside Pembrolizumab, it obviously has future extension to other PD-L1 positive cancers, such as my variant of TNBC. If only I can stay around long enough - and if only they can find a way of avoiding the need for it to be served up with pembrolizumab, as that took too many brakes off my immune system. 

• Hi Coddfish, The trouble with a lot of people is they just don't and never will understand!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Codfish ( your username is so strange there's got to be a story behind it!!?  
    Anyway, I just wanted to know how you are doing and to mention I forgot to say last time----My oncologist wanted me to go on a New Trial Combo Drug but I failed the screening (long story) but my oncologist managed to get it for me with just the one drug instead of two. So although they are giving the vaccine with Pembro there is still a chance your oncologist could access it for you on its own when you have had a bad reaction to Pembro before!   It ios worth asking about? Nothing ventured......

I hope this finds you as well as you can be and of course you will stay around for a while if you put your mind to it! You just keep going a day at a time!

Take Care

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • It relates to what would be my married name, if I used it.  I kept my maiden name. I think it will be a while before the trial works its way down to TNBC. It’s a lot less immunologically ‘hot’ than melanoma and SSLC. They were the early targets for pembro too.