Due some luck

• 17 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi all so I contemplated joining for a while and bit the bullet . So I’m 37 and from the start unfortunately my diagnosis has just got worse and worse . Although I have finally started immunotherapy last week . So I’ve gone from ultrasound picking up kidney mass to looking at my Ct to noticing it had spread . A failed biopsy and finally a good biopsy that gave me a diagnosis of collecting duct kidney cancer . One of the rarest forms there is with little to no information. And any there is does not make for good reading. I still hope the biopsy is wrong or that the immunotherapy and possible chemotherapy will work . I had a phone call from a normal doctor today who’s going to give me the dreaded sr1 form to get pip . It’s something I feel I’ve been hiding from as me and my wife didn’t want that as it makes it feel more real that there’s a chance I’ll die . I forgot to add that my wife is also pregnant with our first baby . It’s a mental year to say the least 

• Hi Kyle, I hear good things about Guys so once you start getting appointments there, I hope everything will become clearer and better for you! Do you have an appointment arranged yet?

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Not yet . I will be awaiting the phone call or appointment to come through on my phone . I have been there once previously they have a pretty good booking system 

• Hi  welcome to the group but so sorry you have found yourself here at such a young age. Please do the pip form, it may give you and your wife more chances of weekends away. 
    like Ellie said hope is a very powerful word, and has seen lots of us through dark days here. Keep the hope and you will find the strength to see you through. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi  

I'm very sorry to read of your diagnosis. A very warm welcome to the group. Everyone is friendly and very supportive as you will have seen by your replies. My cancer is currently stable and I am not on any cancer treatment. My profile is on if you would like to read. It is a good idea to write a profile yourself as it helps others in their replies to you and it useful for comparing cancer types and treatments. It also saves you repeating yourself. 

I hope you have a lovely few days away.

A x

• Hi Kyle8 Just my two bobs worth about Guys . I started treatment in December 2020 got the all clear . Major surgery where they stuck parts from my leg in my neck and removed everything possible in neck. On a scale on of operations it was a 8 out of 10 which is serious. I since finished chemo again 2 weeks ago . These people are  experts  and the top people in the country  hence you have the cancer centre. Always think positive is my advice All the best Minmax

• Thank you . Yes I aim to be positive. It’s the unknown again until they ring me that’s when the mind goes walking places you do not want . At least that’s what I find with myself 

• Kyle8 I can assure you that is perfectly natural to jump to conclusions etc  and the mind is going ten to the dozen. I was sitting at home yesterday and started thinking of some chore I had to do around the house and then thought I am having my CT scan on Sunday morning which will determine how all my tumours are size wise etc. Its reminds me of the roman emperor giving the thumbs up or down situation. Besides all that I am sitting here eating my scones having a nice cup of tea. The sun is shining and I might take the convertible out for a spin to blow off the cob webs on the car and in my head . Life is fxxking good regardless of what we have to do. All the Best Regards Minmax