What year

• 19 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Thinking back over my life, what year would i best like to go back to and why.

Nothing to do with before i was diagnosed, a special year for you

• Ha I had this conversation with my daughters the other day, we reckoned my bitter and twisted and extremely black sense of humour was what would get me through!.  Best year was 2019 when I retired to Spain…okay all gone a bit awry now

•  Hi Ochno Well it's not our fault we have a wicked sense of humour lol. I was stuck at kings cardio unit for the best part of  yesterday and picked up a Macmillan brochure lying on a seat  and it showed someone dying in bed and someone going to the grave yard. Both these people did not look happy . I pointed this out to the bloke sitting next to me and he agreed . I told him were all going to go and its just a matter of some of us are going to the party early  is the way I like to think of it , No big deal and he agreed and we laughed about it  

• Hy all, there are more people die with cancer than die from it, don't understand people's fear of dieing, our body's go to the grave but our sole goes back to God and the kingdom of heaven, how wondful.ThumbsupInnocent

• Hi Ulls Yes I agree 100 percent , I am blessed regardless of having incurable cancer  which could be a lot worse like terminal cancer so happy days on that one lol. I am the youngest in my family at 62 which isn't young but got my brother  and sisters and both parents who are in their 90s and still on the ball , That is quite a feat in itself , I dont even know anyone that's in there 90s bar other relatives. My mums Aunt was 104 a few weeks  back. I have a mate who is in his 80s and a miserable git you dont want to be near. I would rather have terminal cancer than be like that lol  

• I have my party sorted.   Everything happens very quickly here in Spain so took the bull by the horns and it’s all done and dusted.  Organised to the end that’s me.  Hoping it’s not too soon but one less thing for me and others to worry about.

• My family don't go past mid 80s the vast majority have succumbed to cancer, so I wasn't surprised when it was my turn.

• Hi Minmax, I agree I wouldn't like to be like your miserable friend either. A lot of people, unfortunately, don't know what being happy is! I do know, so I am one up on them, cancer or not!

Wow you are so lucky you still have your parents around, as well as siblings, aunts etc,  that must be incredible! Both my parents died young, also my brother and I have no aunts or uncles still alive. I am lucky still to have two sisters and of course my husband and our own family! Enjoy every minute, it makes sense!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi anndanv Yes I dont know what's wrong with some people and to compound it they are very wealthy but won't put the heating on and insist on staying in one room with a fire . Yes it's not hard for me to have a reality check , brother in law had a 5 year battle with cancer before beating in and sister in law also . Myself being diagnoised in 2020 so delighted I am still here. I dont think I have ever heard my parents moaning about getting old and moaning about pains etc . They come from a different generation not this namby pamby s hite now a days. Thanks God I havnt got loads of years left lol . I would end up like that miserable XXXX  

• Hi Minmax, Oh I'm sure you wouldn't end up miserable! You come from stronger stock than that!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!