Going commando : updates

• 13 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Hi you lovely lot! How is everyone doing right now? I have been busy. After a recent change in my circumstances, out of my control, I have decided to explore what my options are. I have contacted a professor, who is experienced with my type of cancer, and have now got a video call arranged for 8 April. I’m trying to be optimistic, but realistic too. I’m going to visit my local hospice today, finally. Update me when you have time.

• Hi Jools, I've been offline for a bit. I think you are right to seek another Professional opinion. I have done the same in the past when a knee replacement didn't work and saw the Orofessor in charge of Orthopaedics for Scotland. That is their job, to find solutions if possible!

I hope you will be pleasantly surprised by your visit to your local hospice! My GP referred me at diagnosis but it took me a while to actually go and when I did, I was sorry I hadn't gone earlier. It wasn't what I expected, they have different classes, talks, Occasional Therapists, as well as alternate therapies to try, if you with. They also have a "feel Good Friday"  where you can go for lunch, then they have live music, dancing if you can and you even get alcohol if your meds permit it! Who would have thought it! Enjoy!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • I do think it’s a shame that we have to sort these things out ourselves. Still, at least we have a bit of control then. I really liked it at my hospice, and the staff I met were really lovely. I’ve got a list of things to do and one which explains the different support available.

• Thank you so much Jools, glad you like the hospice, It's a shame many people have the wrong idea about what a hospice does as they are missing out on many therapies and activities which would really help them, Happy Easter and take care.

Eddie xx