Head CT

• 20 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi Folks

been a few days since I was on as its been the crazy aftermath of having a 'wee turn' indenting up in A&E where after lots of tests they decided it might be the cancer mets and on Saturday I had a head CT to see if it has spread to my brain. I am trying to hold it together but am really scared.

Ive just started on the chemo and apart from being stupid tired and an upset tummy its been going ok. Now I have this to deal with and when I asked my oncology nurse she said if its positive and on my brain I will have to stop chemo to have an operation and radiotherapy. 

This is just too much - I had managed to cope with all the bones starting to cause mobility problems and losing my independence. How am I going o handle this? 

What does it mean? Has anyone else had this happen to them with secondary breast mets?

• That's great news Thea, I am so happy for you, I hope you are doing a little something to celebrate, take care.

Eddie

• Hi Thea, So pleased to hear your CT was clear! What a relief!

Eddie all we need now is for you to get good results also!

I am going for a CT scan later today but will not get any results before we go on holiday next Tuesday, so will have to wait for 2 weeks at least. I no longer worry about results, what will be, will be, so it won't spoil our holiday!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Annette my results were mixed, heart function down to 42& so bloods deteriorating too, polyps on liver need monitoring, last weeks CT on kidneys confirmed CKD, abscess on brain totally clear but no hoped for improvement in memory and cancer spread to mesorectal and peri nodes as well as a lung, no results yet about spinal scan, Hope you have a wonderful holiday, take care

Eddie

• Hi All, I was meant to go for a scan this afternoon but got a call in the morning to say can I come on Monday instead! Who wants to go for a scan the day before their holiday! But better to get it over!
    Eddie that certainly was a mixed bag!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Morning Annette, never had a scan put back by just 2days, but as you say better to get it done before going away. Have a wonderful time,

Eddie

• Just read through this thread. What an ordeal! So glad it’s not mets, woohoo! X

• Thanks everyone for your support and good wishes. The only celebration I did was to come down with a head cold! the joys of visiting hospitals Slight smile

Eddie I am sorry to hear you have had such a lot of difficult results and hope that you are doing ok. Its tough when the news is not good. Lets hope they are able to turn things around for you and give you some relief.

Annette - how did the scan go? 

How do people handle the worries of waiting for results? It feels like the constant poking and prodding and waiting is a roller coaster. 

• Thank you Thea, results are what they are, main thing i am feeling good and my partners back from Aus, take care. Thea i have been having scans, tests for 50 years and it's still not easy waiting for results

Eddie

• Thea I have been having scans and tests for 50 years and i still get nervous waiting for results.

Eddie