Between hope and fatigue...

• 12 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Hi all,

I hope everyone is as well as can be expected, seems trite writing that but I do mean it.

As I exist in the limbo world of between potential immuno and battling an aggressive cancer I am finding fatigue harder to manage. I would be interested in others views on own experience with this. I struggle with a full night of sleep due to the discomfort (even with pain management) and therefore finding the need for 2 hours or so during the day and not always once. For my family this can be a struggle as I am not always present mentally and not sure myself whether I should push harder or get the rest.

I am exercising (not excessively) and maintaining reasonable calorie levels (c. 2500) but will this get worse before better (if it does of course) ?

Thanks for any input.... bad day today.... 

• So pleased that you are feeling more positive. I am like a yo yo but having friends and family around certainly is uplifting and is good for the heart and soul.

It's been a glorious day to sit in the garden. Take care and feel free to rant or share as much as you like. We are always here to listen.

Judy x

• Hi Loony,

I don't think we have chatted before. I read a lot of the posts on the various sites and sometimes comment, but not very often I post. 

Anyway, I just wanted to add to some of the comments and say to you that yes it's extremely difficult having to cope with all of this on a daily basis, a d often when things are really bad, either due to pain, fatigue or something else, it's very easy for our minds to wander and to start thinking...is it worthwhile, what is the point etc There is nothing wrong with having these feelings and getting things off your chest, but after all of this the hope comes back and the fight returns and you continue doing what you're doing. Good! You never know what is to come in the way of new treatments, so keep that hope. A few weeks ago, I was in a very similar position, but now, I feel totally different and I'm hoping that I can continue to do so but I'll continue fighting! 

Best wishes and keep sharing. 

Helen xx

Helen